This happened to one of my graduate students. Honestly, it could have happened to anyone of us. The student should be commended for seeing the humour in the situation and sharing what has to be the best story of the term to date:
- You go to the library catalogue to look for a book you absolutely must have.
- You notice the book is checked out on a longterm (faculty/grad student loan).
- You curse and search your bag for a pen to write down the name of said book so that you can go up and down the halls, checking with possible users to see if you can borrow it from them.
- You have to pull out all the library books in your bag to locate said pen.
- Upon pulling out that stack of library books, what do you think you find? Yes. That book. You checked it out yesterday.