There’s a chance for me to move my office at the university. I’ve been in the same room for sixteen years, now. My file cabinet is sunk into the floor (it was already like that when I was hired). The room has a very limited configuration of space. I am heartily sick of it. But, moving? Much work. Advice, please?
- Recently repainted
- Some newer furnishings
- Ability to organize as I’d like
- Moving house already, why more hassle?
- New keys, new phone extension, new office number, new business cards
- Ugly curtain and no blinds but much less blinding sunlight and lawnmowing
- Very far away from the rest of the department (is that always a con?)